Lilypie <

Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Wednesday - Embassy Day

We rode to the U.S. Embassy and went through security. There are NO cameras, I-pods or anything like that allowed in the building, so I have no pictures to show. After security, we sat in a room that was too small for the amount of people in it. We made ourselves comfortable on the floor or wherever we could find a spot and we waited and waited and waited. We had been told it could be 2, 3 hrs. and sure enough it was around 2 1/2. They called our family name and upstairs we went to a window where a very nice lady asked us a bunch of questions. I had to raise my hand and promise that I would answer the questions honestly. It was a very easy process once our name was called. She said Zoie's visa would be available soon and off we went.

We had lunch at a place called Lucy's. It's a nice restaurant and I had delicious lasagna (with cinammon).

We asked for ketchup to go with Katie's lunch and we thought the size of this ketchup was funny. We are used to using a LOT of ketchup.














A side note....Not sure when this injury occurred, but Katie opened one of the Guest House doors into her head and created a rather large goose egg on her forehead. I heard what I thought was her crying and here she came. The bump was huge and had a dent right down the middle of it. I grabbed a cold Fanta from the fridge (only thing cold I could find right away) and walked her downstairs where I asked for ice. It took quite a while for ice to appear, but the Fanta really helped. By the time I took this picture, the swelling had gone down, but I had to take a picture for the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment