After visiting the orphanage, we went to have lunch at an art gallery (quite the contrast, huh?). I bought this beautiful painting. It has a lot of the Ethiopian traditions in it and I just love it.

I believe we then went to the zoo and saw some Abysinnian lions. They have black manes and are amazing. If they are laying near the fence, you can get to within a few feet of them. I felt sorry for them, though. One was particularly skinny. Katie got some great shots of them and some other animals.





I had really hoped to vist the museum to see Lucy, the 3.5 million old female skeleton. But, I guess you can only see a replica and not the real thing. So, I didn't go. Katie had gone earlier in the week and didn't seem impressed. I love archeology, though, so I was really wanting to go.
Katie got her hair done at a hair place about a block away. It took quite a while and turned out great! There were always at least 2 people working on her and wow, did the braiding lady work quickly. She could grab the tiniest amount of hair and start braiding. It was cool to watch. It cost around $6.00 and was worth every penny. Then, they did mine and I took it out soon after. Not my style, but fun to have done anyway.


No comments:
Post a Comment