Lilypie <

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Calling all friends and family! We have court tonight in Ethiopia sometime while we are sleeping. We have been told that about 50% of cases do not pass on the first try. Reasons for not passing court can be varied. A common one is related to the child's birth parent not showing up to court. I've also heard of filing cabinets being locked with no key available, age discrepancy of the child, Ministry of Women Affairs (MOWA) not getting the recommendation letter to the court on time, etc. Everything is done on our end, it's just making sure that court is open as planned, the judge shows up and that our MOWA letter arrived on time. If all of these things happen, then our chances of passing are much better.

Please pray for us. I really, really, really want to pass court. I really want to hold my daughter and bring her home as soon as possible. However, I am trying to focus on this Bible verse...."Do not be anxious about anything..."

I pray I can be joyful no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment